"Jobs That Care Game is an innovative concept in careers education that is simple, easy to setup and it really works. Our students were engaged quickly and within minutes were enthused by their exploration of the wide variety of employment opportunities in the healthcare sector."
Carl Fazackerley, Director of Sixth Form & Aspirations,
Ark Walworth Academy.
Since January 2019 over 5,000 students in South West London schools have been visited by the Jobs That Care Team. Here’s what the students told us:
Jobs That Care encourages students to discuss and explore health and social care (H&SC), allowing them to acquire new knowledge, share experiences and learn from each other.
Jobs That Care is currently focussed on school students who are planning their GCSEs subject options. However, it is relevant to anyone considering their first job, a change in career or a return to work.
The main aims of the programme are to inform and inspire students to:
- Recognise that H&SC is very diverse
- Realise a job in H&SC offers training and career progression
- Understand that a career within H&SC is fulfilling and rewarding
- Discover that working in H&SC is exciting and sociable
- Take positive action to explore the resources available