It encourages students to discuss and explore health and social care, allowing them to acquire new knowledge, share experiences and learn from each other.
Jobs That Care is currently focussed on secondary school students who are considering their subject options for GCSE and beyond. However, it is relevant to anyone considering their first job, a change in career or a return to work.
The main aims of the programme are to inform and inspire students to:
- Recognise that health & social care is more diverse than they knew
- Appreciate the variety of roles, not just for highly qualified specialists
- Realise a job in health & social care offers training and career progression
- Understand that a career within health & social care is fulfilling and rewarding
- Discover that working in health & social care is exciting and sociable
- Take positive action to discover more and explore the resources available